Monday, May 18, 2009

May 18

F IS FOR FLOWER, G IS FOR GARDEN:

started out with just Lydia this morning - 

Noah Websters (she is rocking at this!!!) and
Dick and Jane 

wrote out as many short 'e' words as we could squeeze from her attention span.

checked out some flower poems on line

wrote our own flower poem:


Dandelions are pretty
I want to pick them
When I spell 'dandelions' I sound very witty
Dandelions are better with the stem

They have very pretty seeds
Maybe they like to fall on me?

Samantha's turn:

and then there was Samantha.
who had an 'accident' in the middle of her picture.
which made mommy need to take a break because mommy is so over these 'accidents'
grrr....

we did get it written, at least:

If a flower is purple, you pick it.
You smell it, blow it and pick it.

The purple flower is by my house.
It smells like grape.
The purple flowers are my favorite.
They are irises.
They look like marigolds.
I love them.

after a break we came back, fininshed the flower picture
worked on her version of Noah Webster and Dick and Jane.

the attention spans are short this morning due to a new hunk of iron and plastic in the back yard - 
so, after we worked a little, chores and school - we played.

No comments:

Post a Comment