Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oct 6, 2009

Reading/Writing/Spelling:

introduced, wrote and drilled phonograms h, j, l, b, e, i, m, k

reviewed phonograms a, c, d, f, g, o, s

practiced straight strokes
(which Lydia has renamed tall grass, short grass, grass in the dirt, dying grass and tired grass!
they are supposed to be long line, short line, lines with tails, slanted lines and horizontal lines.
we're going with the grass labels because why not!?)

little sampling of her work lately:


played red light/green light sort of game with the phonogram flash cards.
I held up a card and if I said the correct phonogram(s) she could take a step forward, if not, she had to stay in one place and turn in a circle.
we switched, after she made it all the way to me and she got to call out the phonograms right or wrong until I got all the way to her.

Sophie joined in the fun too ;-)

Ch 2-4 of Little Women, L.M. Alcott

Unit Study:
F is for Fall
started a craft/project we will finish after nap.....
melty crayon/wax paper/construction paper trees.

Lydia had to pick out the best fall colors she could find.
I think she nailed it!


...and there were enough little pencil sharpeners for everyone to get in on the action!
didn't think they'd be into this, uh hem...I was WRONG!
(with four girls though I am getting used to being wrong a lot, so it's ok!)

No comments:

Post a Comment